OurInsaneWorld

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OurInsaneWorld

JCIB APMEH Forum

Trench Warfare

Nnenna C.

Trench Warfare Empty Trench Warfare

Post  Nnenna C. Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 am

Before World War I, soldiers fought each other head on, face to face. With World War I came fighting and the advancement of new warfare inventions. These inventions included the machine gun. The machine gun was a weapon that allowed one man to wipe out dozens of opponents at a time. Trenches were dug as defensive measures to protect the soldiers. The idea of the war was to get the opposing side's trench by crossing no man's land and kill as many as possible and driving the opposition back. This trench warfare had a big impact upon soldiers, civilians, and the government of each country involved in WWI. The soldiers, in my opinion, felt this impact the most. They had to live, fight, and, for many of them, die in those trenches. Because this warfare was so dangerous and deadly, the families of these soldiers, who are civilians, felt the pain of loosing their beloved family member. As a result, the governments were receiving pressure from civilians and soldiers themselves to end the war as quickly as possible.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:31 pm