OurInsaneWorld

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OurInsaneWorld

JCIB APMEH Forum

2 posters

Ja'Nise on Trenches

Ja'Nise

Ja'Nise on Trenches Empty World War I Trenches

Post  Ja'Nise Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:06 am

1.World War I evolved into a trench war due to the new weapons such as machine guns and artelleries used in warfare. The size of machine guns and artillery made it difficult to manuver which created difficulties when attcking the other army.Horse calvary was not used since the age of Napoleon with open battlefields.The open battlefields caused thousands of deaths.The borders and positions of each army needed to be protected.The enemy needed to be attcked, thus trenches were created to accomplish these tasks.
    2. Trench warfare caused a wide range of sicknesses for soldiers.Death occured frequently to those serving on the front line.The enemy would shoot and the shells would burst and claim he lives of those relaxing or laying in the trenches.Due to the closeness of the two armies trenches,soldiers could be killed on their first day by a sniper's bullet.Trenches were often unsanitary,housing black and brown rats. These rats could produce several hundred rats in a year by the couple. The rats would carry infection and diseases, thus spreading to the soldiers.The rats would also consume the corpses of the dead soldiers (the eyes and liver consumed more).Soldiers would get Trench Fever from lice. Lice could reproduce in the seams of the soldiers' clothing, even though the uniforms were constanlty being washed.Movement for soldiers was restricted until the night time because of the snipers on enemy territory watching them.Soldiers also had to endure the horrible odor in the trenches. The odor was a mixture of dead bodies, poison gas, cigarettes,food, and chloride of lime to keep out diseaes.

Civilians were also affected because of the shoratges of raw materials.The distribution of goods and hours of business were restricted anda rationed.Families could be easily malnourished because the needs of the soldiers were tended to first before anyone.The health of school-age children also declined. Anaemia and tuberculosis were common. The transport system stopped which made food and coal hard to get.Workers became upset because living conditions and working hours were increasing but their paychecks were not.

Government was also affected by the trench wars.Germany, Russsia and Austria-Hungary were defeated.Europe was made into smalller states.
    Abdalaziz K.
    Abdalaziz K.

Ja'Nise on Trenches Empty Abdalaziz K.

Post  Abdalaziz K. Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:41 am

Jaanice, the governments also had a little more to do with the trench wars. They made some decisions, such as using the same army techniques to fight, causing more bloodshed. They also had goals just to recover and gain territory, no matter the cost. All of your other points are fantastic though!!! Basketball
    Jasmine P
    Jasmine P

Ja'Nise on Trenches Empty what ja'nise said

Post  Jasmine P Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:55 am

i never thought too much about the use of the new military technology and the effects that would have had on the trenches. i just figured that the use of machine guns would have prolonged the warfare because not many people are going to survive the gun fire out in the open in between the enemy lines.

i also hadn't thought about the effects of the gross-oscity (one of my new words)of trenches and the effects it had on the soldiers living in them. I remember something last year the mr. t showed us with pictures of the blackened feet of some of the soldiers that had stayed in the trenches...completely gross. the mice, lice, and corpses are also provide horrible pictures, and i can definitely see how they affected trench warfare. i also like all of your other points and the views you provided on how the governments and citizens were affected also.
    Abdalaziz K.
    Abdalaziz K.

Ja'Nise on Trenches Empty Re: Ja'Nise on Trenches

Post  Abdalaziz K. Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 am

The trenches protected the soldiers well from gunfire, but they had little affect against diseases, animals, gases, and shells. study

Sponsored content

Ja'Nise on Trenches Empty Re: Ja'Nise on Trenches

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:16 am